Palliative Care Consults
Palliative Care Consults provide clinical guidance for you and your patients to assist with symptom management and advance care planning. Palliative Care Consults are provided by board-certified palliative care physicians and nurse practitioners, to patients in the comfort of their own residence. Our Palliative Care Consultants help you care for your patients with complex symptom management needs. Patients may continue usual treatment (including curative care). Our goal is to be an added layer of support in the care of your patients facing serious illness or complicated medical decisions.
- Your patient lives in the Mid-Willamette Valley and is facing serious illness: for example, cancer, or advanced heart, kidney, liver, neurological, or pulmonary disease.
- The primary diagnosis of concern is not a mental health disorder or active substance use disorder
- Your patient is 18 years of age or older.
- You are the primary care provider or specialist who oversees the patient’s care and you would like to collaborate with our team in that care.
- Your patient has active symptoms that are causing distress.
- Your patient desires support in comprehensive advance care planning. This may include help with issues such as: identifying an appropriate surrogate decision-maker, talking to friends and family about one’s condition, or mediating family conflict about care the patient desires.
- Specific conditions and services covered will depend on the patient’s insurance benefits.
To find out if your patient is eligible and if your patient’s insurance covers Palliative Care Consults, or our Palliative Care Case Management, please contact our office at 541.757.9616 or email email@example.com