Additional Grief Support
Lumina offers a variety of additional grief support services. These services include:
- Individual counseling services to community members who are anticipating or adjusting to death, loss, and grief. This is a free service, available Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 4:00 pm.
- Workshops, presentations and training sessions for schools, employer groups, church groups and other community organizations
- Grief Matters is a newsletter which provides insight and support for those who have experienced a loss. Grief Matters is mailed to survivors and interested members of the community quarterly for up to 13 months after a death.
- Age-appropriate materials for children and teenagers.
- A small lending library of books and videos. These materials can be informative and helpful to those coping with loss.
- Specially trained bereavement volunteers are available to provide emotional and practical support for those who grieving a death.
- Our counseling staff is available by telephone to provide information and referrals to community resources related to terminal illnesses, the dying process, and grief.
- Lumina's Groups and Workshops are short-term series offered periodically on specific topics or coping methods, including but not limited to, Yoga Through Grief, Memorial Crafting Workshop, Coping With the Holidays, etc.
- Lumina's Circle of Supporting Friends is an informal social group for bereaved survivors who attend or have attended Lumina grief support groups. Call 541.757.9616 for details.
- An annual Service of Remembrance in the fall for hospice families and the community to honor loved ones who have died.
- A May Memorial in May for hospice families and the community to honor loved ones who have died.
Click here for helpful links for more information about grieving a loss.