Services Provided by Hospice
Hospice offers a wide range of services to support you and your family, friends, and caregivers.
Visits by professional staff and volunteers
A nurse and other team members visit regularly to respond to changing needs. Services available from your hospice team:
- Nursing visits (they come to you)
- Patient comfort/pain control
- Medical and social assessment
- Support for caregivers
- Social worker visits
- Family, individual, and group counseling
- Spiritual counseling
- Physical, speech, occupational, and massage therapies
- Dietitian consultations
- Hospice aides
- Respite care volunteers (to give caregivers a break)
- Grief and bereavement support
Medications related to the terminal illness
- These include both prescription and over-the-counter medicines.
Equipment and supplies
- This may include such items as an adjustable bed, shower bench, oxygen, wheelchair, and other items to keep you comfortable, independent, and
While hospice staff and volunteers cannot be with you every minute of the day, they will help family and friends develop a plan to ensure your safety and comfort.
Hospice advice and emergency on-call care are available 24 hours a day, every day. A nurse is always just a phone call away.