Margin of Excellence
At Lumina, we go above and beyond to deliver compassionate care and support to those facing end of life. It is what we call our Margin of Excellence—the enhanced level of care we provide that improves the quality of life for our patients, their families, and the community at large. Our Margin of Excellence requires a commitment that is not supported by the Medicare/Medicaid funding model. It is only possible thanks to your generosity.
Examples of how your gift impacts our Margin of Excellence include:
- Maintaining low nurse-to-patient ratios to ensure patients and families have the dedicated care they need
- Supplying basic needs for patients without means and support
- Offering extensive caregiver and grief support programs free to anyone in the communities we serve
- Providing enhanced patient therapies like acupuncture, pet, massage, and music therapy
- Offering charity hospice care for those without insurance
- Delivering community education programs on healthy aging, end-of-life planning, grief, caregiving, and more
- Supporting those living with life-limiting illnesses, who are not yet ready for hospice, through our Transitions program
On behalf of our patients, their families, and the community, we thank you for your gift.
Donating to Lumina In Memory of a loved one who has died is a meaningful way to honor their memory and help ensure that others will benefit from Lumina’s care.
In Living Honor Gifts
A gift made In Living Honor of someone is a way to pay tribute to them and support the services provided by Lumina.
Recognizing a Lumina staff member with a gift in their name is a special way to express gratitude for the care and service they provide.
Pledges & Recurring Gifts
Your gift has even more impact when you make a commitment to Lumina. Donations pledged over a three-to-five-year time period, and recurring monthly gifts, help ensure the long-term sustainability of our programs and services.
The Lumina Gift Garden is a symbolic garden that recognizes donors, funders, and sponsors who make a significant contribution to further Lumina’s mission. Members of the Gift Garden receive exclusive news about the impact of their gifts, are recognized publicly for their support, and are included in unique Gift Garden experiences.
Wills & Estates
Naming Lumina in your will or estate documents leaves a lasting legacy. Simply provide your attorney with the following information:
Legal Name: Lumina Hospice & Palliative Care
Tax ID#: 93-0742686
Address: 720 SW 4th Street, Corvallis, OR 97333
Contact our Director of Development, Marketing & Outreach to notify Lumina of your designation or to learn about more ways to give.